≡ Menu

My Miscarriage Update

Lots of down time on the road to recovery

Lots of down time on the road to recovery

Well, it has been six months since my miscarriage. What a roller coaster it has been! Here’s an update on what went on after my surgery.

Luckily, I have healed up well. For six weeks after surgery, I was forbidden to lift anything over 10 pounds. That was a tough rule to follow with two little ones at home, but it was good advice to be able to heal properly.

Shopping with my dad, "Poppy"

Shopping with my dad, “Poppy”

Every week during that six week post-op, I had to have friends and family come stay with me while Jesse worked. I had to rely on others to put Moo in and out of her her highchair, crib, carseat, shopping cart, stroller, you name it. Luckily Roo doesn’t need assistance with many of those things, but I couldn’t just scoop her up for a big bear hug like I’m used to. It was really hard.

Cuddling with Jesse's dad, "P-pa"

Cuddling with Jesse’s dad, “P-pa”

Both of our girls were c-sections, so I knew how painful recovery would be from this surgery, but there wasn’t a newborn as a “reward”. There wasn’t a new baby to make the physical pain “worth it” and it was very depressing at times.

But then I would look at our sweet, healthy girls, and count my blessings. I realized

Falling asleep on my mom, "Mimi"

Falling asleep on my mom, “Mimi”

my body was on the mend and that I had to be grateful for my health, for the doctors that saved my life, for loving family and friends that were willing to bare our burdens and lend helping hands. My emotions were constantly battling two extremes. I could feel Satan trying to bring me down this roller coaster. Looking back, I wonder if I was experiencing post-pardom depression.

It wasn’t all bad though. There

Lot's of time with Poppy

Lot’s of time with Poppy

were definitely some highlights on my road to recovery. With all the family that temporarily moved in for a week at a time, it provided great bonding experiences. Especially for our young daughters. Moo got extremely attached to my dad, and she learned how to walk while my in-laws visited from the other side of the country. My

In March, I went on my first "momcation" with my best friend, Beth, to Ft. Meyers Beach. It was a great getaway.

In March, I went on my first “momcation” with my best friend, Beth, to Ft. Meyers Beach. It was a great getaway.

mom watched Finding Nemo with Roo and let her snuggle up and fall asleep on her, and my sister shaved my legs for me. My aunt moved furniture around and babysat while I had doctor appointments. I even had awesome friends that live close by that were willing to take time out of their day to come over at the drop of a hat to help me when I didn’t have family visiting. I could not have healed without them.

When my six weeks were up, I had two post-op check ups with each of the surgeons that saved my life. Then I went to my regular OB/GYN for an “extra” checkup and third opinion. The consensus was the same, that I was healing well from a rare ectopic pregnancy, and that we could try to conceive within 3-6 months if we wanted to.

And here we are…we have gone back and6 months later forth with the idea of getting pregnant again, and after a lot of prayer, we have decided to try to add to our family. Wish us luck!

{ 3 comments… add one }
  • Cecilia July 10, 2013, 9:31 pm

    Wow! I had to go back to your other post and what a miracle. We are hoping for the best for you and your family.

  • Erin July 10, 2013, 9:58 pm

    <3 Lots of love to the four of you!

  • Ischalyn July 11, 2013, 12:25 am

    AHHHH! I am thrilled to hear about this!!! Can’t wait to spoil another niece/nephew! I love your cute family and I’m sooo grateful you are recovering so well Janna. Love you!

Leave a Comment